Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jan 12, 2011 Update

Happy New Year! I hope you and your family had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of Christ. The picture above is of Luke building snow forts in the snow today! :-)

Another story from my trip to Tanzania- While I was in Musoma, I had a chance to meet lots of people, see around the town, market, and the translation center. There were times when I was very excited and other times when I felt overwhelmed. On my last full day, I went to church with one of the missionaries. Everything was in Swahili, so I didn’t understand a thing. :-) At some point, the missionary whispered the verse references to me so that I could read the passages the pastor was preaching on. One of them was Philippians 4:4-7. These are verses I know well, but needed to be reminded of them on that day- in that place.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heats and mind in Christ Jesus.”

My response? Ok. I get it! I spent the rest of the service giving my anxious concerns to God and resting in his peace. God spoke to me through a pastor preaching in a language I didn’t even understand! Maybe you have worries or concerns that are consuming you. If so, I challenge you to memorize and meditate on these verses. May God’s peace guard your heart and mind!

This weekend we (our whole family) will be traveling to the Wycliffe Offices in Orlando, Florida for two weeks of training. Christine and Keith will be in classes during the day. The children will be with tutors in the mornings so that they can keep up with their school work, and then have various activities in the afternoon. We are all really looking forward to it.

Praises:
-          For providing the financial resources for our training in January.
-          For you- our wonderful friends and family! We have really appreciated your questions about how it is going and your prayers for us. It has also been great to catch up with old friends. Please let us know what’s going on in your lives and how we can pray for you as well.
Prayer Requests:
-          Pray for our health and safety as our family travels to Florida and that we will make the most of our training.
-          Pray that we grow closer as a family as a result of this trip and the training.
-          Pray that God will continue to meet our financial needs and that God would continue to strengthen our faith.


This picture is of Nikki, playing school and telling us about Tanzania. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment